Distinctive in design, SHOWGUN 2.5 is, in essence, a very large and powerful automated light that can project images, change and mix dichroic colors, and switch from hard-edge to soft-edge all within a compact system. This new version of SHOWGUN has 30 percent more photonic output than its predecessor.
SHOWGUN provides entertainment lighting design possibilities in three dimensions: first, in the air with high-energy focused or soft edge beams; second, with images projected on the stage surface; and third, at the SHOWGUN fixture itself by using an innovative LED Tracking System.
A new patent pending optical design is at the forefront of the “radical rethinking.” This optical design incorporates a proprietary, optically accurate polymer microfresnel lens allowing SHOWGUN to produce a true focused hard-edge or a brilliant soft-edge combination, without the need for two separate fixture types. The true focused hard-edge allows SHOWGUN to project HES LithoPattern images, while the soft-edge abilities exceed industry standards. Soft edge/hard edge “enabling” for SHOWGUN is easily accomplished from any lighting console.
SHOWGUN’s main output uses a 2500 watt short arc metal halide lamp designed as a joint venture between Philips and High End Systems. The MSR 2500/2 lamp uses a novel fast fit socket design that allows for a more compact reflector combination. Combining the high-performance lamp, advanced reflector and revolutionary optical design, SHOWGUN must be seen to be fully appreciated.
SHOWGUN’s LED Tracking System forces a double take as a unique homogenously mixed RGB LED circular array that allows the user to either match the color of the main output beam, or to project a complementary color by mixing RGB values. The LED Tracking System alone produces more than 5000 lumens of output, and works in tandem with SHOWGUN’s other features to redefine the rules of lighting design.
SHOWGUN is at the vanguard of today’s lighting design revolution.
- Proprietary Short Arc Lamp and optics produce 130,000 lumens of light
- Variable soft-edge
- fully rotating, indexable lithos
- Variable iris
- Variable strobe, Electronic strobe
- Light Burst lamp boosting
- Zoom range from 9°-18°
- Remote focus
- Full optical dimming and fade to black
- Innovative LED Tracking Ring produces over 5000 lumens of RGB color. Homogenously mixed RGB LED circular array eliminates the multiple colored RGB look when white or mixed colors are produced.
- Smooth CMY color mixing provides and infinite palette of color
- Four indexing Litho/Gobo rotators
- Black Light projection filter
- TriColor effect supports independent color flag control
- Tracking and Independent modes selectable via DMX
- Optical encoders automatically correct the head’s position if manually moved
- 420° pan and 216° tilt movement
- Auto-switching power supply
- Large dot matrix display allows for 2 lines of text
- 30 DMX channels
- DMX Connector: 5-pin XLR
- Compliances: ETL, CE
- Modular construction
- Fast service design for Reflector, Condenser and Output lens
- Electronic cooling system control
- Stunningly fast, smooth and quiet yoke movement using proprietary multi-phase technology
- Performance oriented exterior design prevents stray light scatter
- Pan and tilt locks for easy transportation.
Electrical Specifications/Light Source
Power Consumption: 16 Amps at 208 V, 13.75 Amps at 240V
Fixture Rated Power: 2500 W
Lamp: PHILIPS MSR 2500/2
Color Temperature: 7000K
Barco rated Lamp Life: 1250 hrs
CIE X=.320; Y=.330